Today is my second day in Oman, and when people ask me about stories here I often leave out just daily culture items. So, on this post I will tell you about what I see and the similarities and differences between Kuwait and Oman. Oman is beautiful and clean and it's beaches are great. It is so peaceful and relaxing, even walking on a busy street downtown where there is a lot of traffic. Kuwait has beaches. The view is beautiful and trash is everywhere. Also, where I live in the city of Mahboula, it just feels like we are walking on trash as we walk down the streets. In Kuwait you cannot walk peacefully. The non-stop honking of cars and the large amount of men lining the streets and in front of the shops.
Last night we ate at a nice restaurant. Still, as the same in Kuwait there are cats everywhere. The cats are sickly looking and always fighting. Outside of my room in Mahboula the cat fights often keep me awake. The sound of them is painful and I can't bear it. So, eating dinner last night was good, but hard to hear the cats fighting, so I did end up feeding one of them.
Now, I am off to the big mosque in Oman that tourists can visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment