Today was a nice day in Oman. First I went to the grand mosque. I had to wear my hair covered. So, I just got a scarf here. You can get pashmina and silk scarves very easily. I am not sure, but in American dollars they are less than $15, so I think that is a good price.
Before I went to Oman I had two friends tell me that I should visit Shangri la. I think I must have misunderstood because Shangri la is in the mountains and it is a resort. I thought it would be a tourist place. So, we ate a really nice meal there and went to the beach, which I am not sure we should have done since we were not actually staying at the hotel. When it was time to go there were no taxis in sight. So, we started hiking up a mountain and hoping we would find one. We ended up coming across the security point where you enter Shangri la on the road and we got a taxi. We were a bit out of our way, but we got to talk to a nice taxi driver who told us ab out his life. He has sixteen brothers and sisters, and his dad had two wives. He also pointed out interesting stuff to us in Kuwait. So, the night turned out different than I expected, but God shows us in our lives daily how our plans may be different, but the way God works things out is amazing. I had a very nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment