Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paintballing in the Desert

I got to go paint-balling for the first time ever, and it was in the desert, how cool is that.  We were 30 miles from the Kuwait / Iraq border and it was straight up desert.  We got to paint ball in bombed out buildings.  There were wires everywhere, and stuff hanging from the ceiling.  I thought it was a really neat experience.  And it really takes a lot of energy to run up and down Dunes without falling, because if you get sand in the gun it jams.  Needless to say I fell running up one to get on the roof of a building and then my gun jammed.  I know you are all shocked to hear I fell:)

I don't think I got anyone, but I got to shoot paint balls, so I was happy.  There were ex-military people also paint-balling and they were pretty intense.  There were 21 teachers who went, and we were not quite as intense as they were (no where near it, ...... at all).

Then we grilled, and don't put paper plates on grills, bad idea......  Just sayin'.  Not sure how I know that.  Then there was dancing there also.  There were no restrooms, you just squatted and peed wherever.  I feel bad for Rach if that is what she had to do in Iraq.  Also, a very nice day in Kuwait.

No comments:

Post a Comment